Day 1 Collection:
44.97 Crore all versions according to Bollywood Hungama.
Day 2 Collection:
30-31 Crore (Trade Figure)
Two Days Total:
70-71 Crore (Trade Figure)
Day 1 Collection breakup:
42.62 Crore Hindi
1.43 Crore Telugu
0.92 Crore Tamil
38-40 Crores (Trade Figure)
HNY Trade expectations was:
HNY First Day Collection: 40 Crore
HNY First Weekend: 100 Crore
HNY Lifetime: 250 Crore
Trade has very high expectations from SRK’s Happy New Year with a lot of people expecting 40 Crores opening day though more realistic expectation would be 35 crores.
It will take a 90% occupancy across India and across all shows to reach the 40 crore mark and we will wait and see if it is possible.
In any case SRK’s Happy New Year is a strong contender for a day 1 record ahead of Dhoom 3.
The day after Diwali is the best day for box office and last year Krrish 3 created a record for highest single day collection on this day which was the 4th day for Krrish 3 which is the reason for such high expectations.
Advance booking has opened very late for SRK’s Happy New Year but is still very good across multiplexes.
Advance across Multiplexes for SRK’s Happy New Year:
- Big Cinemas is reporting a 70% advance with 14-18 shows across property
- Fun Cinemas is reporting a 75% advance with 10-14 shows across property
- Carnival is reporting a 80% advance with 14 shows across property
Cast of Happy New Year:
- Shahrukh Khan as Chandramohan Sharma/Charlie
- Deepika Padukone as Mohini Joshi
- Abhishek Bachchan as Nandu Bhide
- Sonu Sood as Jagmohan Prakash
- Boman Irani as Temhton Irani
- Vivaan Shah as Rohan Singh
- Jackie Shroff as Charan Grover
Plot of Happy New Year: A team of six losers fake participating in a dance competition in their attempt to pull off the greatest diamond heist ever.
Day 1 Collection:44.97 Crore all versions
Day 2 Collection:30-31 Crore (Trade Figure)
Day 3 Collection:Wait...