Sajek, the sky high ridge top with amazing beauties, is especially revered for its relative height, adjoining valleys and ridges, huge rock blocks, passing clouds, modern tourist facilities and the best of all-- the wonderful local people. It encloses a perfect ambiance to discover tranquility and abundance of nature. It is a perfect holiday escape to feel nature or to adventure or just to summarize self. For photographers, it’s a wonderland to capture exquisite hilly landscapes, old nature, splash of clouds, rains and shines in the same frame, dwellers’ unique lifestyle and of course anything you are happy to click on. Sajek is an all-weather tourist spot.
Sajek is located in the verdant hills of Kasalong range of mountains amidst the serene and exotic beauty of nature. You will notice lofty mountains, dense forest, sprawling grasslands and miles and miles of hilly tracks. On the way you will cross Mayni range, River Mayni and River Kasalong where you will feel that the green and blue harmonized together. For the ups and downs of the road, sometime you will feel that you are very close to touch the sky and sometime you are fallen to the valley.
At Sajek you are in the top of everything you see around you. The Panoramic view of Sajek is extra ordinary. In Sajek you can see one of the oldest and furthest BOP (Border Out Post) of Border Guard Bangladesh. You can also see the wind-solar- diesel hybrid power system (Windmill) which is first introduced in the country by Bangladesh Army.
Where the paradise is: It is a union located at the farthest north of Chittagong Hill Tracts. SAJEK Union is under BAGHAICCHARI Upazila of RANGMATI district Form KHAGRACHARI district town it is 67 km toward north-east and from RANGAMATI A city it is 95km towards NW. International boundary with India is located within 8km towards east (Mizoram). It is a natural paradise of Chittagong Hill Tracks which was not explored for long time. The beauty of Sajek is amazing. It has attracted visitors and tourist form home and abroad. By soon Honorable President, Prime Minister, Minister, Foreign dignitaries have visited Sajek and they were amazed with her beauty. Moreover, nature lovers are visiting Sajek frequently.
- Rainbow Bridge
- Horizon Garden
- Hanging Garden
- Stone Garden
- Ruilui Para
- Haza Chara waterfall
- Club House
- Chaya Bithi
Way to go: Journey to Sajek through winding hilly road is another exciting experience. It’s a two hours black-top road journey from Khagrachari. Bus service is available to Khagrachari from both Dhaka* and Chittagong. One good option is to travel by night, reach Khagrachari at 7 am next morning and then move for Sajek. Microbuses and CHANDER GARIs are available at affordable rent (Tk 2500-3000).
Two state-of-the-art resorts, SAJEK RESORT and RUNMOY (01769302344, http://rock-sajek.com/), have just been inaugurated. These two resorts are designed to offer quality facilities for the tourists. Besides, there is a club house, where a group of 20 persons may stay at night (Contact: Headman Lal Thanga Lusai-01552726987). One may also opt to be a paying guest at any local house.
Bus Services from Dhaka to Khagrachari:
Saint Martin Poribahan-01732406352/ 01732406355/ 01762691340)
S Alam Poribahan-01813329394/ 01818936716/01917720395
Shyamoli Poribahan- 029014560, 01815273942, 029003331
Special tips for visitors:
- Cellular Network: Only Robi or Teletalk network is available here.
- Clothing: You should carry warm clothing round the year to avoid humidity and cold weather in Sajek.
- Photography: You should carry your camera because every moment is unique and you should not lose this memory.
- Safety cream for insect: You should carry anti mosquito cream like ‘Odomos’ to avoid mosquito and insects.
- Footwear: You should carry your snicker (Gents) or flat sole sandal\shoe (Ladies) for safe and comfortable movement through the hilly path.
- Sun protection: You may carry sun glass and sun block cream to avoid the scorching sun.
- Binocular: You may carry your binocular to see the non-breathable beauty closely.
- Kits for Darkness: You may carry torch light to avoid the uneven darkness.
- Individual visitor needs to pay a small amount of royalty for the community (20 taka per individual, 40 taka per Motor Cycle and 100 taka per vehicle).